HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Step 1 – SNAP
Share your #HOAIKALAMA plans and activities with us. Whether you’re hosting a community campfire, reading a book by candlelight, or planting a tree under the stars – snap a photo of how you’re being a #KILOHONUA (earth observer) during this #LIGHTSOUT event.
Contribute your plans and ideas now! Selected photos will be featured on our website, tweeted, shared, and or re-posted as we approach the September 9th event.
Step 2 – TAG
Tag your location and use #HOAIKALAMA, #KILOHONUA, and #LIGHTSOUT
Don’t forget to follow @kilohonua on Instagram
Step 3 – REGISTER
(participants’ Instagram account must allow public viewing in order to be eligible for prizes)
* Winners will be notified via email and have 5 calendar days to respond. If there is no response from the selected winner(s), new winner(s) will be chosen. After all winners are confirmed, they will be announced on our website.
* Participants are encouraged to contribute photos sharing their plans and idea leading up to the September 9th event, however only entries posted on September 9th are eligible for prizes.
* Participants are required to have a public Instagram account in order for us to view their contributions to the #HOAIKALAMA Instagram challenge.
* Entries must be original photos, taken and owned by the participant submitting them.
* Entries may not contain any content that is: sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group; obscene or offensive.
* Yes, we have prizes! 2 (two) winners* will each receive 1 (one) 18oz double walled steel HYDRO FLASK